Moms4Bieber is at it again! Our new charity drive for the holiday’s is here! This will be simple, fun, inexpensive, and you can get your kids involved! Ready for it? Let’s go!
The charity we chose is Samaritan’s Purse! Here’s a little about them:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
For over 40 years, Samaritan’s Purse has helped aid the world’s poor, sick, and suffering. They are an effective means of reaching hurting people in countries around the world with food, medicine, and other assistance. Their emergency relief programs provide desperately needed assistance to victims of natural disaster, war, disease, and famine. They offer food, water, and temporary shelter, meet critical needs and give people a chance to rebuild their lives. Their community development and vocational programs in impoverished villages and neighborhoods help people break the cycle of poverty and give them hope for a better tomorrow. They impact the lives of vulnerable children through educational, feeding, clothing, and shelter programs that let them know they are not forgotten.
One of the many things a child’s needs besides food and shelter is knowing that someone cares. Sometimes a small kind jester can mean more than a meal! So our goal is to put a smile on as many children’s faces as we possibly can!!
So, how are we going to make them smile???? : PACK SHOE BOXES FOR CHRISTMAS! How fun is that?
These boxes will go to children around the world whose families cannot afford to buy gifts or even essential hygiene products.
What YOU can do is gather a (or as many as you choose) shoebox or small plastic box and fill it with item listed below. The website gives specific idea’s so it makes things easy for us! THEN, so we can donate all at once, (and because she has a certified collection church near her home) you will send the box(s) to Holly. Her address is listed below as well. Put in the box anything you’d like, but we are going to donate on behalf of Moms 4 Bieber! We are hoping to gather TONS of boxes to donate! Take a photo with you, your family, with your donation. At the end, we will have a video, just like we did with the Breadbaskets last year, of all of the donations.
Here are the steps on how to do a box:
1. Use a shoe box (standard size) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box, lid separately, but wrapping is not required. If you can’t do an entire box, but can get the items and ship those, that’s fine, too!
2. Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and the childs age category: 2 to 4, 5 to 9, or 10 to 14. Print out the appropriate boy/girl label. (attached in the email) Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child. Use the gift ideas provided below.
4. Place your box(s) in one box to ship together, and mail it to:
Ms. Holly Wickline
Moms 4 Bieber
4501 Bancroft Road
Fredricksburg, VA 22408-1915
Most importantly PRAY for the child who will receive your gift! ** Please keep in mind that the organization is a Christian organization. However, this DOES NOT MEAN you have to be a Christian or celebrate Christmas to participate. These are not going to be given to the children as “Christmas gifts” but rather, gifts of love. We want to stress this because we know that just in our group, there is more than one faith and we want to completely respect every single one of you and your faith.
THIS IS ABOUT PUTTING SMILES ON CHILDREN’S FACES! J
Now…the goodies! PRIZES for participation!!! As always, we know that prizes are not necessary to just to do something nice for others but it sure does make it a lil more fun! J So by participating you are entered to win one of the prizes below. EVERY person that sends a box will receive one entry for each box they put together. If you just send a few items you will receive 1 entry for each package you ship.
We will have 3 prize packs!
1. The Moms 4 Bieber prize pack! This will include a $25 Visa gift card, a copy of Pattie’s new book, “No Where But Up”, a Moms4Bieber t-shirt and other FABULOUS Moms4Bieber Gear!
2. The Beliebers prize pack!!! This will include a $25 Visa gift card, copy of 100% official Justin Bieber Book and other FABULOUS Bieber gear!
Anyone sending in TEN or more shoe boxes will be entered in a drawing for $50 a Visa Gift Card
- small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yo’s, jump ropes, small Etch-A-Sketch, toys that light up or make nose (with extra batteries, Slinky, etc.
- School Supplies
- Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring books and picture books, etc.
- Hygiene Items
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Hard candy and lollipops (plz double bag all candy), mints, gum, t-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note
- In a seperate envelope, you may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back!)
**DO NOT INCLUDE:
Used or damaged items; war related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures, chocolate, or food; out of date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans
Go here for the label’s : https://www.samaritanspurse.org/pdf/one_sheet.pdf
DEADLINE! Donations must be recieved NO LATER than November 2nd. We have to have the boxes shipped to Samaritan’s Purse by November 12-19th and need time to package and ship all of these items!
Now, if you are unable to donate a box or just don’t have time but want to help, you can go to www.moms4bieber.com and donate there. In the comment box, write that it’s for Samaritan’s Purse Charity Drive.
We are giving lots of notice this time around and will be wrapping it up before most people go Christmas shopping so this should not interfere with anyone’s holiday shopping plans!
Love you all so much and we are so excited to see how big of a change we can make this year!
Holly, Angela, and Jen